These cauliflower bite are an outstanding appetizer or side dish with a meal. Experiment and see how you like them dipped in a healthy ranch style dressing or on their own. Please note that these have a kick so vary the amount of buffalo sauce.
1 head cauliflower
¾ cup flour (I prefer gf flour so use brown rice flour)
¾ cup milk alternative
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup buffalo sauce, or hot sauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil, or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey
Buffalo wings sauce (if prefer to make on your own):
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (4 tbsp)
1/4 cup tomato paste (4 tbsp)
2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
2 tbsp tahini
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
2. Break the head of cauliflower into florets, about 1½-inch (4 cm) wide.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk, and stir until well-combined.
4. Add the cauliflower florets to the batter, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
5. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
7. In a small mixing bowl, combine the hot sauce, vegetable oil, and honey, and stir until evenly combined. Alternatively, prepare your own sauce then continue with directions.
8. Brush the hot sauce mixture on cauliflower or dip cauliflower in the sauce and bake for an additional 20 minutes.